Sunday 19 October 2014

SAVE THE DATE!

Things have been pretty busy recently. The company I work for got bought up this year, and it's been pretty busy leading up to transition day. I've also been house hunting, and looking into whether I should buy my parents house that I'm currently living in, or find somewhere else, so we've been going on house viewings and have three more today. And last, but not least, three weekends ago Graeme and I sat down, had a few whisky sours and started planning our wedding.

We've actually been engaged for three years now, so I guess it's about time we took the next step. So we spent that evening perusing Pinterest, making plans and getting excited. The following week we started looking at venues, and fell instantly for the second venue we looked at and got it booked. We've attended a wedding fair and have two more scheduled. And yesterday we spent the day making our save the date cards. A few of our guests will be coming from pretty far, so we want to give them plenty of time to make their arrangements.

Graeme designed these using a photo I took with my Diana mini, and the fonts Wisdom Script (free/donations from here!) and Neutra Display (we also made a more censored version that reads "It just got real" to send to relatives). We printed them at home, and I'm really excited about the result. (So excited that I'm posting this blog post the day after we mailed them, so for some of you this will be a bit of a spoiler.) Shit just got real, guys!

6 comments:

  1. what lovely cards, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So much involved in planning a wedding.. I hope that it goes smoothly for you! So glad you've got a start in this! XO-Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's very exciting but SO much to do. Guess this is a start at least!

      Delete
  3. Woohoo!! I just booked off the Fri from work!! Cant wait!! :D

    ReplyDelete